Frequently Asked Questions
How Should I Store My Chocolate?
- Idle Isle Chocolates should be stored in a cool, dry room at temperatures between 55-70 degrees, avoiding heat, sunlight, moisture, humidity, and ambient odors. At lower temperatures, chocolate may collect condensation which can accelerate the appearance of fat bloom. At warmer temperatures, chocolate can tend to soften and lose its gloss. Do not refrigerate as this can cause sugar bloom on the surface. If you live in a warm area and do not have air conditioning, you can place chocolate in a refrigerator by wrapping it in a dry kitchen towel to minimize humidity and odor absorption.
What is Chocolate Bloom?
- There are two types of bloom common to chocolate: Fat Bloom and Sugar Bloom. Fat bloom can result when chocolate is exposed to fluctuating temperatures, producing a visible dull white film at the surface. Sugar bloom is a hard white surface film resulting from exposure to moisture formed by the dissolution and subsequent crystallization of sugar on the chocolate's surface. While fat bloom and sugar bloom affect the appearance of chocolate, the product remains perfectly safe to eat.
How Long Will Chocolate Stay Fresh?
- When properly stored, our filled chocolates are guaranteed to be fresh for at least 90 days from purchase (except for Almond Creme Toffee which is guaranteed for 30 days).
Do Idle Isle Chocolates Contain Allergens
- Dairy: Our milk chocolate does contains dairy ingredients; except our Dark chocolate is not made with any dairy ingredients (but may contain traces of dairy due to shared equipment).
- Nuts: All our products are produced in a facility that uses tree nuts, peanuts, and nut oils. We process items with and without tree nuts, peanuts, and nut oils on the same equipment in the same factory. Trace elements of nut ingredients may be present in any of our products.
Do You Offer Delivery Service?
- We will deliver your order in the Brigham City area for a $5.00 fee that goes to the employee that delivers it to help with fuel expenses.
Do You Ship Internationally?
- Yes, you will need to contact our store for the addition shipping charges.. Please be aware that international shipments may be subject to Customs delays and/or international duties or taxes that are beyond our control. Unfortunately, we can not assume responsibility for any transit delays, damage or spoilage that may result from international delays. In addition, the recipient is responsible for any international duties, taxes, or customs fees that are collected C.O.D. upon delivery. Please take these factors into consideration before placing an order for international shipment.
Do You Make Custom Boxes?
- We can pack custom assortments to your specifications. Lead time is generally 1 week, depending on the item and quantity. Contact us at [email protected] or call 435-723-8003 for information.
Do You Wholesale Your Products?
- If you are a retailer and would like to carry our products for resale, please contact us at: [email protected] for a wholesale catalog. Minimum orders required.
Do You Offer Factory Tours?
- Not at this time.